Here's my summary of 2008 for MFM, because I felt guilty and they are growing and my name is still on their website. It's a bit sarcastic. I like the bit when I suggest that Bon Iver's album only had one song on it, and also the bit where I cease typing in order to post pictures of Abe Vigawesome: http://mfmic.blogspot.com/2008/12/bloody-hypemachine-i-no-longer-need.html
Post-Christmas 2008:
Wooden Shjips - O Tannenbaum

I could see myself listening to this. Only problem is, it's a bit boring. Jingle bells and yada yada prog stuff wacky noises woo hoo. Like the really good Fleet Foxes song but without the words and with a Japanese guy just... there. It has bells and waves of sound and I think this is meant to be recalling Boredoms' 'Super Roots 9', yet that was unstoppably ace and this lacks the intensity of anything eYe would do. It's like the music for a really boring Christmas animation for kids with someone fat from the BBC Radiotronic Workestra thingy playing a fancy joanna 'as adapted w/ synth fashioned from Lego'.
Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

I don't think I should give an mp3 for this song. It is the best song by Fleet Foxes. It is really good.
That's it, I'm going to go out now.
Have a nice Christmas.
x
No comments:
Post a Comment