they're the band of what I will now refer to as The Erstwhile John Darnielle. if you do a google image search for him there's such a cute picture of him with a piglet.

he's done a zine in the past and does this blog. the new album from The Mountain Goats is called 'Heretic Pride' and the first song is called 'Sax Rohmer #1', but they have quite a number of albums. the zine has the same name as the blog, and was printed, and he really is a great, great writer.
he's also really great at writing songs. not one of these casual, lame indie / folk singers who has to touch base with all the right reference points - he is powerful and exactly on point emotionally, just hear 'The Sunset Tree' and marvel, and I quite like The Mountain Goats in a similar way to that in which I like Xiu Xiu.
aside from him therefore being a total hero, I mentioned at the top that This Blog Lost Momentum and it is my fault so I am going to write something. I think I became a bit of an idiot and I've written some poems, but that was mainly for a competition, but I was so dashed when I remembered we needed a Serious Music Perspective and that we Can't Go Overboard On Poetry And Recipes, which is cool because, like, it's crap, anyway. maybe we should have a hitlist of things (bands) to promote.
1 comment:
hey
thanks for passing by, i'm sorry for our indecipherable french (though i find it quite refined, paha) but i'm (/we're) too lazy to translate our whole blablah. plus our friends may think we're showing off. i've just started to read DIM and MFM. glad you found us, seems like we crave for the same things.
felicity
Post a Comment